Your True Colours by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I have a card for you this week that uses up some of the scraps that we all cut off from the backgrounds that we make.


I tend to create my gelli prints on A4 card which often means I end up cutting them down to fit a particular project which means I am left with strips of gelli prints that I just collect in a box. So for this card I rummaged through that box to put together some strips that now make a new background.

Here's what I did:

As I said I used some cut off strips from previous gelli print projects and put together a collection of those strips to create a new background. I decided on the order of the strips and then glued them onto a piece of this card and then trimmed it to the size I needed for this project. 

Using a selection of Tracy Scott's stamps for PaperArtsy I then used a Stamping Platform to stamp each element with black Archival ink, paint them with a selection of PaperArtsy paints, whilst leaving it in the Stamping Platform, and then stamping over the painted image again to put back in the stamped detail. This I repeated several times until all my elements were stamped and painted. To add further detail I stamped the scribble stamp using paint and roughly smeared the same colour paint around the edges and added a touch of red paint. 

The final step to frame all this was to run around the edges of the background with a couple of rows of machine stitching. The sentiment I added are stamped words from a Carabelle Studio stamp designed by Birgit Koopsen.

I then layered that up on to a background of white card that I had repeat stamped the scribble stamp which created another layer on the card. It was all then mounted onto black card and added to an 8" x 8" card blank.  

Here's What I Used:
Gelli Print scraps made using Gel Press, Acrylic Paints, & Brayer
PaperArtsy Stamps by Tracy Scott - ETS14, ETS15 & ETS17
PaperArtsy Fresco Paints - Asstd. Colours
Black Card
Card Blank
Sewing Machine
Carabelle Studio stamp - That's Why I Love You

Have a fabulous week and I will be back next Tuesday
Love
    Amanda X

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Love your strips of Gelli Prints, absolutely gorgeous and so perfect for the bold flower image. Love Love Love x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card Amanda, I love the idea of painting on the stamping platform, it makes re-stamping so much easier! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this Amanda. Great use of the Gelli print strips and the flower really does look fab on there. Couldn't do without my stamp platform these days.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful idea using your off cuts from gelli printing, Amanda.
    It gives a lively and fantastic background for your flower and hearts , gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Amanda! Love the colours ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the Gelli scraps - and I love the scribbles, both black on white and turquoise on rainbow.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun and wonderful card CC although I now have an ear worm because of the sentiment lol
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so good to see all those wonderful strips have not gone to waste, they make an amazing background, so unique in design. Love it Amanda.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love the scribble stamp background. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook